Who we are:
Philogen is a Swiss-Italian integrated biotechnology company founded in 1996, with the mission to develop innovative biopharmaceuticals for targeted therapy (www.philogen.com). Philochem represent the R&D arm of the Philogen group and is located in Zurich, while Philogen-Siena focuses on product optimization/production according to GMP standards and on clinical trial investigations.
Philochem AG, is seeking a highly motivated Scientist in Cell Line Development to join our R&D group. The scientist will contribute to the development and characterization of high-productive CHO cell lines suitable for cGMP protein manufacturing, and to the production of recombinant proteins in support of our preclinical discovery research. The successful candidate should have working experience in molecular biology, protein purification and mammalian cell culture techniques and good knowledge in mammalian cell line development in the biopharmaceutical setting.
- Generate high-yield cell lines for the GMP production of therapeutic proteins.
- Perform all laboratory work related to cell line development and contribute to the writing of technical reports.
- Provide scientific input and contribute to the continuous optimization of the cell line development process.
- Participate in multiple simultaneous projects.
- Training and support of research associates.
- Present scientific results internally and at conferences.
- Extensive knowledge in cell culture technologies, including the generation of stable cell lines and proven ability to handle large numbers of cell clones.
- Extensive experience in recombinant protein expression and purification from different platforms.
- Excellent molecular biology skills.
- Experience in early stage characterization of production cell line.
- Good knowledge in DoE.
- Experience in the chromatographic separation of protein.
- Good knowledge of protein analytical techniques.
- Accurate data analysis and recording to insure full traceability.
- Excellent analytical skills and good attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and in a team in a task-oriented manner.
- Excellent communication skills with presentation of results and data at internal meetings.
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Good communication and support of the project leader and team.
- English fluency is mandatory in both written and spoken; excellent knowledge of German is a plus.
- Expertise in all aspects of production cell line development (i.e, transfection, selection, fed-batch culture, quality assays, etc.).
- Experience in the phenotypic and genotypic cell line characterization.
- Hands-on experience in flow cytometry and cell sorting (FACS), high-throughput cell culture and screening technologies.
- Knowledge in the development of cell-based assays
- Experience in antibody discovery and characterization.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send detailed Curriculum Vitae, motivation and reference letters to the e-mail email@example.com, indicating the keyword «Scientist in Cell Line Development» in the subject line.