Philogen S.p.A., a Swiss-Italian Biotech Company listed on the Italian Stock Exchange, is accepting applications for the position of BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER which would join the Company and help potentiate the activities of the Philogen group at a global level.
In particular the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Representing Philogen with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Building effective and mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring high levels of engagement and delivery.
- Taking responsibility and overseeing the business management activities with commercial partners.
- Developing the Strategic Partnerships portfolio through the identification and development of new opportunities and acquisition of new and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Building, maintaining and increasing a client contact base.
- Generating new business opportunities by building targeted lists of clients and Bio International meetings, calling/meeting potential clients face to face at conventions or at their offices.
- Interacting with colleagues in the Business Development and in the R&D teams, thus maximising partnering opportunities for the Company
The ideal candidate should have:
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to grasp and analyse complex information quickly.
- Good communication skills with particular focus on excellent writing skills.
- A preferred minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role at Pharmaceutical Companies.
- An established network of contacts in the Pharmaceutical and Biotech sector.
- A Ph.D. in Chemistry/Biology/Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field is preferred.
- An excellent level of English, both written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel.
A contract and salary which is adequate to the experience (seniority) of the successful candidate.
Zurich – Switzerland or Siena – Italy (depending on the personal preferences)